Hundreds Of Turkeys Donated To Food Bank By Crofton, Hanover Businesses
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, MD - Hundreds of turkeys and thousands of dollars were donated to the Anne Arundel County Food Bank just in time for Thanksgiving.
The Gambrills Wegmans, located in the Waugh Chapel Towne Centre, donated 1,500 chickens and 100 turkeys.
"With more than 6,000 requests for proteins for Thanksgiving alone, this tremendous contribution, valued at over $10,000, will go a long way to help us meet the need this holiday season," the food bank said Monday on Facebook. "Thank you Wegmans for giving back to the community and helping our neighbors in need during the holidays and throughout the year!"
Live Casino & Hotel Maryland, located in Hanover at Arundel Mills mall, announced on Nov. 15 that it donated 300 turkeys.
"This is the eleventh year Live Casino & Hotel Maryland has made an annual donation of turkeys to the food bank to help make the holiday season much brighter for hundreds of families in Anne Arundel County," the food bank said on Facebook. "After delivering the 300 turkeys, the crew from Live! got to work on the sorting line checking donated food items."
The food bank has also welcomed several major monetary donations this week.
TowerCares Foundation, based in Laurel, donated $5,000 on Tuesday.
These seven business raised a combined $15,000 and donated it to the food bank on Tuesday:
- Chesapeake Materials Services
- The CFG Bank
- Fidelity First Home Mortgage Company Inc
- The Curtis Real Estate Company
- Shannon Irene Beauty
- Generator Supercenter Of Annapolis
- Bay Auto Clinic
Click on any of the links in this story to see a photo of that donation.
More News from Odenton
- Marylander Makes NBA Debut With Golden State Warriors An Anne Arundel County native just made his NBA debut. The former Loyola lacrosse star switched to basketball and now plays for the Golden State Warriors.
- Officer Threatens To Kill Child, Its Mother In Pasadena: Report A police officer threatened to kill a child and its mother in Pasadena, a report alleged. She was suspended with pay, authorities said.