Possessing one of the most unique entrances to any middle school in the area, Meade Middle School engages and educates over 700 students every day. Located on the Federal Property of Fort Meade, the school's progressive outlook has helped students take ownership of specific activities like gardening and thinking "green."
Soon, students will begin cultivating a garden on campus which will then provide vegetables to be sold in the cafeteria. The program will give students ownership of the project, while advocating for healthier lunch-time decisions, says Principal Bill Goodman.
- Hours: Classes between 7:55am - 2:46pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps and designated parking
- Founding Date: 1998
- Number of students: 700
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Anne Arundel County Public School
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 85, including assistants and custodial faculty
- Grade levels: 6-8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: After School Wednesdays: Teachers stay late every Wednesday and students can meet with and receive special help with specified courses/assignments
- Student clubs: Green Club: Students who plan to garden and sell vegetables during lunch-time in the cafeteria.