The First Evangelical Lutheran Church celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2010; Rev. Scott M. MacDonald has been the pastor since 2002. The church conducts two Sunday services and a variety of programs for children and adults -- a music program, Bible study and youth group. First Evangelical is an active member of the Christian Assistance Program, a coalition of area churches that operates a food pantry and clothes closet to help those in need. As of August 2010, the church was undergoing an expansion that will allow for improved handicapped access, an enlarged narthex, a crying room, a new nursery and central heating and air conditioning.
- Hours: Services: 8:00 AM Blended Service, 9:30 AM Sunday School, and 11:00 AM Traditional Service. "Coffee Talk" Bible study is Tuesdays at 7:00 PM.
- Handicap Accessible: The church is building a new wheelchair-access ramp.
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: September 8, 1940
- What makes this community special?: Pastor MacDonald says Odenton is a community of faith; he enjoys its peacefulness as well as its access to major cities.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Evangelical, Lutheran
- Congregation size: 300
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs