Center of Applied Technology North
The Center of Applied Technology North is a magnet school serving the surrounding Anne Arundel Public Schools, offering training and professional development to students across a broad spectrum of courses. Driven by business and industry, the up-to-date curriculum is set by the yearly advancements in corresponding fields, such as nursing, computer technology and cosmetology. Upon graduating, students receive a license or certification in their professional studies, allowing them acceptance into entry-level business positions immediately following graduation. However, almost all students pursue two or four-year college to further their education. The school seeks to enhance student learning through unique opportunities while still upholding the best practices of the Anne Arundel County Public School system.
- Fax: 410-969-1967
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:15am - 3:45pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is reserved parking and a ramp.
- Founding Date: 1974
- Number of students: 1,700
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Anne Arundel County Public School System
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 50
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: SkillsUSA - a national and international academic competition where students in their specified fields compete against other technology students.
- Student clubs: National Technology Honor Society
- Sports teams: n/a