Five more seniors from the Meade football team have received scholarship offers to play at the collegiate level, and two juniors also have received offers.
Meade head coach Rich Holzer announced the latest scholarship offers in an email to reporters Wednesday.
The latest offers include:
- Daivon Nixon, deciding between Nassau Community College and Lackawanna College.
- Hunter Cox, deciding between St Anslem and Concordia University.
- Kevin Johnson, deciding between West Virginia Weslyan and Bowie State.
- Ray Myers, deciding between West Virginia Weslyan and University of Charleston.
- Derrick Souder, deciding between VBI and Hudson Valley Community College.
Meanwhile, juniors Marcus Smith and Kyle Evans have received offers to play at the University of Toledo in 2014.
The latest scholarship news comes after three Meade players announced commitments on National Signing Day last week.
Malik Dorsey will attend the University of Maine, Anthony Watkins will attend St Francis University and Korey Brooks will attend ASA College.
Additionally, former Meade player Moise Larose announced that he will play for the University of Maryland.