The following list of events was submitted by Mary Felter of the Anne Arundel County Department of Aging and Disabilities.
The O'Malley Senior Activity Center is located at 1275 Odenton Rd., Odenton. For more information about membership and programs, call 410-222-6227
• Silent Auction Week is Oct. 15 to 19, with bidding starting at 9 a.m. Monday and ending at 2 p.m. Friday. Bidders needed not be present to win. Volunteers will be available to assist with the bidding process. Some items do have a minimum start bid. Items include china, pottery, dish sets, vases, glassware, and crystal; paintings; gift cards; themed and non-themed gift baskets; purses; jewelry; antique items; small furniture and lamps; odds and ends; and sports memorabilia.
• “Manage your pain through exercise” will be offered at 10:30 a.m. Oct. 11. Ryan Scheller and Angela Nicholls, therapists at NovaCare Rehabilitation in the Odenton Medical Center, will focus on the latest research on the benefits of exercise in managing chronic pain conditions such as arthritis and how to begin an exercise program.
• The Maryland Insurance Administration will have a representative and informational materials from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 18. Stop by and learn what the MIA is and how they can help Marylanders in the event that they have questions or problems with their insurance. Brochures will be available.
• The jazz band Project Natale will perform from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 16. The band of brothers has gained respect for infusing the old and new music to create a sound of their own. Members can bring a friend if they like to hear Carl Cornwell, tenor saxophone, and Bob Butta, piano, with Joe and Lou Natale.
• October movies on every Friday at 12:30 p.m. courtesy of volunteer Mark Markuski will include “New Year’s Eve,” “Man on a Ledge,” “Joyful Noise” and “Safe House.” Movies are subject to change.
• Seth Kibel and pianist Sean Lane will play jazz standards, R&B, Latin swing, Dixieland, and more at 12:30 p.m. Oct. 30.
• Vendors are needed for the senior center’s holiday craft/vendor and bake sale to be held from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 13. Space is available for $10 and includes a card table. Contact Katrina Smith at the center for information at 410-222-0140 or e-mail her at email@example.com.