The Rochester, NY-based chain said its Check Out Hunger and Care About Hunger campaigns resulted in nearly $1.6 million donations from 47 stores across the country. The donations included $6,371 to the Anne Arundel County food bank from customers at the Gambrills store.
The campaigns allowed customers to donate money during checkout, with all funds going to local food banks.
The breakdown of donations in Maryland was as follows:
- Anne Arundel County Food Bank - $6,371 (Gambrills store)
- Frederick Community Action Agency - $15,147 (Frederick store)
- Harford Community Action Agency - $10,612 (Bel Air store)
- Howard County Community Action Council - $25,624 (Columbia store)
- Maryland Food Bank - $19,584 (Hunt Valley store)