One of the great things about Patch is the ability we have to let any user contribute at any time. We've published hundreds of photos, articles, announcements and events from average people in the community, and it's really helped keep the site vibrant and informative.
The Local Voices section of Odenton-Severn Patch has been especially fertile ground for information and commentary from users just like you.
If you're interested in contributing, simply click on the link that says "Want to blog on Patch?" Then follow the step-by-step instructions. It's really that simple, but if you have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Highlights of this year's Local Voices section include:
- Reviews on local restaurants and other businesses by Severn resident Tammy Estes. She was the the first to weight in on many of the new Waugh Chapel restaurants, as well as new spots in Odenton and the rest of Anne Arundel County.
- Great photos of local high school sports by Todd Breese. His images of the Arundel football team were particularly sharp, and we look forward to his coverage of the winter sports in 2013.
- Insightful reporting and commentary on real estate by Jerry Kline, a local agent for Keller Williams. Jerry has a deep knowledge of the are and is able to easily break down trends and data.
- Coverage of the Odenton Volunteer Fire Co. by Tommy Warshaw. Tommy, a member of the Air Force and volunteer for the department, has taken great photos of OVFC28 and its activities.
- Helpful advice on health and safety issues from David Clark of Patient First.
- A new blog from who is involved with the school's signature program.
- Some often hilarious and occasionally touching commentary from Seven Oaks resident Jason Humm.
- Timely political commentary by
- Wonderful commentary on everything from family to reality television from Piney Orchard resident Megan Arts Evans. (With some great tips on taking photographs also!)
I hope to hear your voice on Patch in 2013!