A winter storm warning remains in effect until 11 p.m. The federal government and county schools are closed. The county government will close at 1 p.m.
Meteorologists are also warning of dropping temperatures. At noon in Odenton, the temperature was 25 degrees, or nearly 10 degrees cooler than temperatures from the morning.
Here's an update on what we know about the forecast, with new information on closures and other schedule adjustments.
- Snow forecast totals have not changed since Tuesday morning .The National Weather Service now predicting between 6 and 10 inches in Maryland, with as much as 7 inches falling in the afternoon. AccuWeather is predicting between 4 and 8 inches in Odenton.
- A warming station is open at the Western District Police Station, 8273 Telegraph Road, Odenton.
- As we reported, Anne Arundel County Schools are closed, along with senior centers.
- The federal government is closed, but Fort Meade will close at noon.
- Fort Meade said the PX will close at noon but the 24-hour shoppette will remain open. The commissary will keep its normal hours.
- MARC train service on the Penn Line is operating using the "S" schedule. There is no service on the Brunswick or Camden Lines.
- Libraries will close at noon.
- All classes from West Arundel Creative arts are cancelled.
- The Anne Arundel County Council meeting has been postponed. All issues on the agenda will be taken up at the Feb. 3 meeting.