Trial Begins in Child Methadone Case
Paul Brooks of Severn is facing child abuse and related charges after his son accidentally took methadone.
Legal arguments began this week in the case of a Severn man charged with child abuse after his son accidentally ingested methadone.
According to the Baltimore Sun police testified Tuesday that Paul Brooks waited more than an hour to call 911 after the five-year-old boy took the drug.
Police said Brooks obtained methadone during a visit to Lexington Market in Baltimore, and that the boy was able to drink some of it during the ride home.
According to the Sun, Brooks' wife, Kimberley, called the poison control center but did not call for emergency assistance until the boy became unconscious. The boy was revived by paramedics.
Read the full story in the Baltimore Sun.